Ah, January! Most see it as the month of new beginnings, and some see it as the month to stop drinking. If you’re looking to dive into the Dry January craze, we’ve got some tips to help you get through it. It doesn’t have to be hard or lonely, and the endless benefits are worth taking a break from the booze. Sober cheers to that!
- Think About Your Health: Not drinking won’t only improve your physical health, it’ll have mental health benefits too. Just think of how refreshed you’ll feel along with not feeling hungover. Your overall mood will improve, you’ll get better sleep, clearer skin, and reduced inflammation. Best of all, you can bet that you’ll feel healthy enough to stay motivated and productive, no matter how busy life gets.
- Find a Sober Buddy: Dry January has become quite the phenomenon, so don’t be surprised if those in your inner circle want to take a stab at it too. Grab a sober companion and get through it together. Wouldn’t it all be so simple if you can pick up the phone and support one another or do sober activities together? There’s no need to do it alone.
- Avoid Settings with Alcohol: Temptation is real, so why even put yourself in a stressful setting like that? During the month of January, or however long you’d like to take a pause from drinking, avoid the bars, nightclubs, and lounges. Parties and events with alcohol aren’t a good idea if you think you’ll break your streak.
- Find a Mood-Boosting Hobby: Use the month of January to think of other activities or hobbies you’d like to try in your free time. Whether it’s a new workout class, pottery-making, or learning about crypto and NFTs—whatever it is, let it take up some space in your mind.
- Try an Alternative: There’s plenty of mocktails to go around for everyone. Try a euphoric drink like KIN, or a cannabis-infused beverage like CANN. You can quench your thirst without the wine and spirits.