Understanding How Information Is Collected
Information You May Choose to Provide to Us
We may collect information, including personal data, directly from you if you choose to provide that information. For example, you may provide us with your name and contact information (such as an email address), date of birth, or other details of that nature, when you sign up for our newsletters or participate in promotions or surveys on the Site.
You also may choose to provide personally identifiable information about yourself when you participate in forums or discussions or other Interactive Services on the Site. Please be aware that information you post may be viewed or captured by anyone who visits the Site, therefore you should avoid posting sensitive or personal data that you would not want to be available to the public.
Information That Is Automatically Collected When You Visit Frenshe
When you access the Site, we and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain information about your visit using tools such as cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. The information collected automatically when you visit the Site may include your IP address, characteristics of your operating system, information about your browser and system settings, data about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, unique device identifiers, clickstream data (which shows the page-by-page path you take as you browse the Site). We or our third-party partners may combine information that each of us collects automatically with other information about you, including information you choose to provide.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
To manage our automatic data collection, we may place tags (often referred to as “web beacons”) on pages on the Site or in emails we send to you. Web beacons are small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies, and they may be used for a variety of purposes, such as counting the number of visitors to the Site, analyzing how users navigate around the Site, assessing how many emails that we send are actually opened and which articles or links are viewed by visitors.
We also use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on the Site to provide us with statistics and other information about visitors to the Site.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “do not track” signal to websites and online services you visit. At this time there is no consensus among industry participants as to the meaning of “do not track” in this context. Like many other websites, Frenshe is not configured to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers. Learn more about “do not track” signals here.
Finally, companies that provide certain third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins that may appear on the Sites (for example, Facebook “Like” or “Share” buttons) also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information collection is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those third parties.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use the information gathered on Frenshe for various purposes, including the purposes listed below. For example, if you were to contact us with a question and provide your email address, we would use the email address you provided to respond to your inquiry. In addition, we use information we collect from you and through the Site to:
- Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters);
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support;
- Offer you products and services via marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include without limitation developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, and financial analysis);
- Guard against identity theft, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies; and
How We May Share Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to information we collect through the Site to carry out work on our behalf. Those parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and are restricted from using personal data collected through the Site for purposes other than to provide the requested assistance. In addition, we may share information:
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- With third parties for marketing purposes, including social media networks, data management platforms, and other advertising technology providers; for example, we may match your email address with third parties with whom you have also consented to share your email address and use such match to deliver custom offers or emails to you on the Sites and elsewhere online;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, including to meet national security requirements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation). In such an event, we will seek to provide you with commercially reasonable notice, e.g., via email and/or notice on our website, of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information; and
- With your consent or at your discretion.
Data Retention and Access
Unsubscribe from emails
To unsubscribe from our newsletter, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that email newsletter. When we send newsletters and marketing messages to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send dedicated newsletters on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honor your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
Disabling local shared objects
We may use other kinds of local storage that function similarly, but are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. Your browser may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage. Click to learn more details about deleting information contained in “local shared objects” or adjusting related preferences.