They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day—but what that really means is that you should always start your day with the most ~nutritious~ ingredients possible. Think high protein, fiber, and even some greens while you’re at it. We wanted to share some easy breakfast recipes for kicking off the day on the right foot (and keeping your gut in check, y’know) so we got the 411 from Rookie Wellness for quick, healthy, and easy breakfast recipes packed with protein. Rookie‘s protein powders are vegan, sustainably sourced, non-GMO, and have no added sugars. Let us know when you try the delicious goodness ahead!
Maple Pecan Protein Bites w/ Rookie Chocolate Protein
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 servings Rookie chocolate protein powder
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Add pecans to a bowl and set aside
- Mix remaining ingredients in a stand mixer, or with a wooden spoon
- Scoop using cookie dough scoop, and put in the refrigerator until chilled
*Note: recipe makes 15-18 servings.
Chocolate Cream of Wheat w/ Rookie Vanilla Protein
- 4 tbsp cream of wheat1
- 1/4 c boiling water
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 1/2 serving Rookie vanilla protein powder
- A dash of salt
- 2 tbsp vanilla greek yogur
- Bananas or toppings of choice
- Bring water to a boil
- After water is boiling, add cream of wheat and stir constantly. Reduce heat.
- Add cocoa and protein powders, and salt to taste.
- Top with greek yogurt and bananas or your fruit or choice!
*Other ideas: Raspberries, shredded coconut, blueberries, or cacao nibs!